I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Mimi's Cafe

One of the funniest things about living near my family is eating at restaurants. Families share similar interests most of the time and in my family of origin it is food and movies.

Pretty generic...

The thing is, the only type of food I never really want is American food. So, when I get together with my parents and they ask where we should go, sometimes it's a bit of a struggle.

The other day we settled on Mimi's Cafe because they have a few semi-foreign-type dishes there.

But I ended up getting the pot-pie. I guess I'm really into pie these days. I it is very funny to be so into Asian food. I really would prefer to eat Japanese or Korean 3 meals a day 7 days a week. My daughter is the same way but my son loves American food and is not a big fan of Asian.


Last night, we were eating Chinese and he said, "why do we always eat Chinese food?"

In my exasperation I said, "because we are Chinese."


The conversation ensued that no, we are Jewish whereupon I explained that Jewish people love Chinese food, whereupon he said that Christian people eat Chinese and I argued vehemently that no, Jewish people eat more Chinese food than anyone, excepting, maybe Chinese people.


I'm doing my best to teach these kids right from wrong, you see.

1 comment: