I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Nordstrom's Cafe and Breakfast Fried Rice

It has been a long time since I have gone to Oak Park Mall because I understand it's very dangerous there and kind of a good place to get mugged.

But, yesterday a friend called and asked me to meet her for lunch at Nordstrom's cafe. I really like their tomato basil soup.


This morning I decided to use the rice that has been warming in my rice cooker since Sunday night and make a mushroom fried rice.

I started by sauteeing the mushrooms in some butter with green onions.Then I added the rice and some soy sauce.
I added an egg and some black sesame seeds.
Honestly, this was kind of bland but a nice little warm breakfast.

No comments: