I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Things You Can Do with an Egg Slicer

Today I bought my daughter a baby doll. I didn't pay close attention to which baby she was taking from the table - I thought she had chosen the one labeled, "Hispanic Girl" and we went on our merry way.

She loved her sweet new doll and sat in the back seat cooing to her as I drove around doing errands. She was talking to her baby and loving her for about 20 minutes.

This baby came with a blankie and I think that made her just that much more special in my daughter's mind.

I guess she got the idea at this point to take sweet baby's diaper off because all of a sudden I hear these words from the back seat of my car: Mommy, she has a penis!

This was a great shock and surprise and all I could think of was, I hope it's circumcised. But, alas, it was not. And I guess I'll bringing back her baby tomorrow to swap him out for a little girl doll.

In honor of this I got out my egg slicer and sliced up a bunch of baby portabella mushrooms.
I used fresh mozzarella for this one. It was incredibly delicious!
I meant to post this last week but I got side-tracked. So I have a new story....

4 comments:

Kate said...

That is quite possibly the funniest thing I've seen in a long time! I can't believe they have dolls like that! Poor Ken would be so jealous.

Helene Eichenwald Slutsky said...

Little Juanita is hung...nice to know that your daughter knew the difference.

Mark Logan said...

You know, I really don't think you should use the words "egg slicer" and "penis" in the same post.

Anonymous said...

"I hope it's circumcised" there is no way to disagree. Inspirational thought: somewhere, a foreskin is being cut off at this moment.