I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Bleu

I was happy with Blanc in Westport and I'm overjoyed with Bleu in downtown Columbia, Missouri.

We started with fried green tomatoes, which I have never had before. It just never sounded like something I wanted to try, but these were delicious and the sauce they came with was really delectable. I chose the goat cheese gnocchi with pureed squash. The flavors were really nice together. I highly recommend this dish.
We also ordered the chicken pot pie. It was amazing. Have you ever seen pot pie that looked like this?As usual, dessert is wasted on me. We ordered the bread pudding with whipped cream and toffee sauce because it sounded delicious but I like my bread pudding to be gooey and come with a bourbon cream sauce so I wasn't impressed. On the other hand, any normal human being would love this.

No comments: