I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What I Made for Dinner: January 21, 2008

Since I am doing a horrible, horrible job of keeping up with my blog I am posting what my sister makes for her family every night.

Maybe it will inspire me to get back to writing.
------------------------------------------------------
Pizza three ways, antipasto salad, and sauteed peppers.

One pizza had pepperoni, one had pineapples. The third had caramelized onions, portabella mushrooms, and chevre. That's my favorite kind of homemade pizza.

I always use premade crust. I am really bad at making pizza crust; in fact, I can't seem to get the hang of making bread, either. It is a serious limitation for me as a cook. Lucky for me, Pillsbury caters to cooks who can't handle making their own dough.
----------------------------------------------------------

To comment on what is written above I will suggest that the author spend some time with her sister.

I can show anyone how to make pizza dough in five minutes that is quite good.

I can also teach anyone how to make bread. I admit this took me a long time to learn but that is because I didn't have a teacher; I was learning through trial and error.

Also, my favorite comment of all time: The best socks are hand-knit.

There are people in this world I can't help but love and there is good reason!

No comments: