I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl

Today I hosted a party at my house. I love having people over and this was the biggest crowd I've ever had. It was great fun.

First of all, I got almost no sleep last night between going to bed late and being up with puking child and then I woke up at 8 with the kids and had to puke too.

I was back to sleep by 11 I would say and probably didn't wake up until 2. I'm not sure what my kids were doing during that time but I think my parents were here for some of it and I saw my ex briefly as well.

After that I kicked it into as high a gear as I could muster and was ready to have people over.

The great thing about all of this was that I hosted the party but the planners oversaw everything else. They organized getting people to come and they got all the food.

I hung out in my kitchen putting things in my oven and pulling things out while lots of people ate, drank and cheered downstairs.

It was wonderful fun.

No comments: