I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Zest



I had the pleasure of dining at Zest for lunch last week with a lovely young friend of mine and we both enjoyed our meals. I can highly recommend this restaurant for its gorgeous, modern and yet cozy decor and the truly yummy food.



On the other hand, the service was strange. They served me my soup with my lunch. I really did not appreciate that. I kept waiting for my soup to come out so I could eat it first, but no...


The soup was wonderful, as was the meatloaf but afterward I felt sick for the rest of the day. I'm sure this is because I'm not accustomed to eating that kind of food.


I would say this is a place you are guaranteed an excellent dining experience - maybe not as far as the service is concerned, but in every other way.

Oh, my waiter touched me. I don't remember why but he put his hand on my arm and I really don't like being touched by strangers so I had to fight back the urge to stab him with my fork.

On another note, as much as I try to stick to talking about food I never succeed because I like to write about other things.

Lately, what has been on my mind has been being true to yourself. Said over and over again throughout history, there is nothing more difficult for so many of us and yet nothing more simple for accomplishing happiness. To thine own self be true.

Here is what I find most difficult about being true to myself. There are things about me that I'm not sure I like. There are things that I worry are too weird for anyone's good. Things I wonder if I should really try to change.

My dear friend Ann reminded me yesterday, you can only be who you are and I feel this so deeply lately. I can be kind. I can choose my words and actions, but we all know deep down who and what we are and we must embrace that.

I am grateful to be who I am.

1 comment:

sunnyhello said...

Wonderful post. I think part of being true to ourselves is not being afraid to look at the stuff we don't like and just calling it what it is. Whoo, you made me think here! I may have to post on this too.