I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Bristol Bloody Mary Bar

Recently I had the great fortune of making a trip to New Orleans. It is a city I have always loved dearly and had not been to for seven years.

This was the first time I was there without my parents, and even though I was with many friends and made many new friends, I missed them. It was unexpected to say the least.

New Orleans has changed since it was decimated by Katrina and there was something missing. The ghosts seem to have retreated a bit. But the subtle fragrance of Magnolia in the air was still there and that alone stirred my heart as I walked the streets of the French Quarter.

I took tons of food pictures and I need to report on the various restaurants and delicacies I tried.

But first, I must comment on the bloody mary bar at the Bristol. They really know what they are doing.

I believe we see olives, tomatillos, lemons, limes, celery, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce and the absolutely necessary pickle spear.
I don't personally care about all of these individual spices, but what a nice touch!

Pickle brine is the secret ingredient in a good bloody.

Cheers!

No comments: