I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

What I realized about my life as a Foodie

It seems I have gained 7 pounds in the past 5 months. That's a lot for a little person like me. This time last year I weighed about 15 pounds less than I do now. That is at least 3 sizes difference.

I know that when I am very, very unhappy I don't eat and when I am by myself I tend not to eat. I know that when I am a little unhappy I tend to eat a little more than I should.

My point is, that for the past 9 months, my life has been relatively calm and I eat fairly well in general. So what is different?

It isn't exactly accurate to say I don't like to exercise because I am a very active person. What I don't like is treadmill exercise or gym working out. I don't like being active for its own sake. I like to move my body in order to have fun.

Like dancing, or rock climbing, or yoga or...........

Yes. There is an activity that I am realizing I have eliminated from my life that burns a rather lot of calories.

I REALLY need to get married again. Soon.

No comments: