I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Why I date younger men

For awhile I thought I should limit myself to 10 years younger. That seemed to be a good limit. At that age difference you can still discuss just about anything. The older person can impart wisdom, the younger person can teach you about things you didn't know existed in this world.

But now I think ten years younger than me is too old. I'm going for the 20 to 24 age range.

These young men are not jaded. They are full of hope and excitement for life and they still respect the idea of purity - they don't expect you to sleep with them on the third or fourth date.

So if you were thinking of fixing me up with someone, check his birth certificate. It should say something like 1985.

7 comments:

Helene Eichenwald Slutsky said...

Okay- so...let me think about watch 3 year old boys I used to babysit in 1988!

C'mon Amy, some of the oldies are goodies and some of the young hotties are naughties- age is just a number.

I have some alta cocker for you when you come to your senses woman!

Jodi said...

Ew. Not to judge, but I think this makes you a cougar.

mm said...

At that age thy don't know who they are or what they want. Not a good fit if you want a long term relationship.

Foodie said...

Dear MM,
How can you say this? Many people get married in their early twenties and stay married.

Marriage is based on committment, not knowing who you are or what you want.

I should have been married when I was 15, to a nice Jewish boy. My kids would be grown and we would be enjoying getting to know who we are what we want to together.

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should start doing the same thing...

mm said...

Many people smoke cigarettes and eat red meat and live long lives. But people who live healthy lives are more likely to live longer, yes? Similarly, many people marry young and they stay together, yet more marriages would last if the participants took the time to figure out who they were and what they wanted out of life before they enter into a life long committment.

Foodie said...

Dear MM,
How old are you? Do you know who you are and what you want?

When are we going to lunch?
Foodie