I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Falafel

This is what I had for dinner tonight. I went to Israel's birthday celebration at the J. It was great fun.

My favorite thing about these celebrations is that with the J full of hundreds of people I see so many faces I know and my kids see their friends at every turn.

In fact, the kids know they can run a bit free here even though it is more packed than usual and they know that it would take some time for their parents to find them.

It is a wonderful community. I see my kids laughing, dancing, even sitting down to eat with different families, just as their friends in turn sit down to eat with us.

They are growing up feeling a part of a diverse, vibrant family of Jews and I love it. It makes me so happy!!!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I just had lunch at a Lebanese place in Lenexa called Holy Land cafe. It was awesome, maybe even better than Jerusalem Cafe. You have to come try it with me!

Foodie said...

Yum - yes please!!!