I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Fud

I don't know why, but I felt like spelling it like that tonight. Probably because I have a headache.

My old cat is lying on me as I type this. He is a big guy and his head is resting flat against my left shoulder. He has one back leg tucked underneath him against my belly and his other is hanging off my side and under my right arm. He is purring.

I love him so much and I can tell he is lonely. I hope he gets at least tiny bit of comfort lying on me like this. He has taken to lying on my kids at night too, which is unheard of. First of all, he is really big and it hurts when he steps on you and he knows this so he doesn't do it to the kids. Second of all, he completely crushes Grace - she can't take it at all.

But he did it anyway tonight. I hope he is OK. He seems so clingy and needy. I think he just really needs a little furry friend.

No comments: