I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Friday, May 29, 2009

3 Cokes and 1 Mud Coffee later

I will stay up all night, I thought as I threw back caffeinated beverages. I will receive the Torah and learn with the best of 'em.

I don't know what Rabbi Meyers was talking about since I don't understand Hebrew.

And by 1 I could barely follow Rabbi Davis down his path. Plus, if the 10 commandments are not really commandments, what are they?

And why are the three components of man thought, speech and action? I don't know about that.

And I still don't know why Hashem could hold the tablets, even metaphorically. I still don't know why Moses could hang at the same level as Hashem.

I didn't learn tonight. I didn't get it!!!

Well, I got one thing. Obey. Take the rules from Hashem and do them. You'll know why later.

Really? I don't know. I'm getting worried, people.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

From Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets:

Never trust anything that thinks for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain.

My corollary: Never trust anyone who tells you to trust such a thing and then says, "you'll see why later."