I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It was one year ago today

It was either one year ago today, May 14th or if he waited until midnight, it was May 15th when a dear friend of mine chose to move upwards and onwards to better things.

I've often wondered if I could have saved his life. Even if only for a while. If I had said yes instead of no.

To be honest, when I look back at everything I did that seems stupid I know I could not have done anything differently. I was me. Honestly, I cherish the me that I was. So full of hope and love and innocence. It's easy to love the girl I was.

On another note, why, after so many years of studying, can I never keep the Jewish holidays straight? Why don't I understand Lag B'Omer or Shavuos any more than I ever did?

I love to think about our interests as DNA features. The gene that allows you to retain historical information is turned all the way off in my body. The gene that makes you love g-d and want to pray is turned up quite high.

Might be a fun-looking facebook app to build.

No comments: