I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Trezo Vino

Yesterday was my Dad's birthday and my girl's pre-K graduation. So we went out. I can't decide which is my favorite restaurant in Kansas City, Trezo Vino or North.

Trezo seems to be the leader because they have an award winning cocktail, which is really hard to do if you think about it.

This is the Moody Blue. It's delicious.

I love the food at Trezo, but I love the food at North as well.

One thing about Trezo is that it's small plates so you can share things and you have to snap pictures fast because everyone reaches in and whips stuff onto their plates.

This is their white pizza, featuring yummy cheeses, and perfectly roasted garlic.

Their sliders are something from another world paired with truffle fries.

I'll say it's not worth much to order chicken quesadillas here or anywhere else, except for the amazing guac. It's all about sauce for me, isn't it?

Aside from not being remotely kosher, this crab egg roll is something spectacular with a miso sauce accompanying it. I can't eat this. Too spicy.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Trezo's crowning achievement is not screwing up gnocchi. They make it really perfect. It's crispy on the outside and melts in your mouth when you bite into it. And the sauce they serve it with is divine.

Insanely, I did not take a picture of the beinets we ordered for dessert. They came with a chocolate sauce and a raspberry sauce and were perfectly made.

I'll take either restaurant in terms of food but I'll say that North gets much higher points for service and atmosphere. I only like to sit outside at Trezo and their waitstaff does not match the caliber of their food.

One huge, huge leg up Trezo has on North is their bathroom. It's tucked away and hard to locate, but once you get there it is large and stocked with all kinds of acoutrements that a person could need. This is a luxury dining establishment!

Also, I don't know how my kids would do at North, but it was fun to take them to Trezo, even though they complained the whole time that the food was "weird" - they sure ate it.

Also, they got glow sticks. Seriously. How fun is that?

No comments: