I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Somen

Today it was 110 degrees so I came home from work and made somen. It is the perfect summer dish in every way.

You can get somen noodles at Target I think, definitely at World Market and Whole Foods. It cooks very fast and then you put it over ice, throw some veggies, meat and sliced up Japanese omelet in there and you have a delicious dinner that is cool.

The sauce that goes over it, or soup really, is called memmi.

I actually made a video about it! It's been a while since I made one of those, but I like making them so much.



1 comment:

Kari said...

I enjoyed your video. Thanks for posting it. I'm going to look for somen noodles and that Memmi sauce. Thanks:)