I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Whole Chicken in a Crockpot

On Monday I decided to see what would happen if I put a whole chicken into my crock pot, sliced up potatoes, dumped in carrots and added some olive oil and seasonings.

I like to think everything turned out really delicious.

I learned that it's best to put the carrots on the bottom, but the potatoes, after being well-oiled and seasoned, should be cooked on top of the chicken.

The best part was how good the chicken was. It fell right off the bone!


No comments: