I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Golden Compass

I made yaki soba for dinner. Sometimes people ask what my kids eat and I just don't have the energy to teach them about the diverse variety of foods Japanese people dine on every day. But that is the answer.

I like to make Japanese food every day.

When you are taking your son to soccer practice you either feel like a soccer Mom (not a chance) or you daydream about polar bears.

Two best scenes in golden compass involve slapping.

Polar bear 1 says, 'is that all?' and polar bear 2 literally slaps his face off followed by a calm, 'that is all.'

A distant second is when Nicole Kidman slaps her 'soul monkey' and her hand print shows up on her own cheek.

Is that all?

1 comment:

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com