I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Turned Upside Down

Lately I feel like I'm being held by one ankle upside down and everything is being shaken out of me.

It's like an unseen force is shaking me hard until just when it seems I'm going to fall all to pieces and then the shaking stops. But when I think I've been placed right side up again, BAM! It realizes there is more to get rid of and shake, shake, shake - out it goes.

That's what it feels like: a big emptying out of whatever I thought I knew and I'm left with a space that humbles me and often confuses me.

That's what I feel I'm walking around with. Sometimes it's really strange but usually I don't mind. Whenever I notice that I'm starting to make a judgment, I stop and release it and push it away.

I try in earnest to take each day for whatever it has to offer and give myself up to circumstances as they present themselves to me.

There is something missing, any way you look at it. And we all know what it is.

No comments: