I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Garlic Delight!

Tonight I made pizza for me and Noah. He got the boring side with cheese and no sauce.



My side had fresh mozzarella, Gouda and roasted garlic.


This week has been interesting.

I am constantly learning to be more humble. Sometimes I feel nothing more certainly than the forces of nature pushing my forehead down into the dirt.

For example, today.

A little background: I studied Linguistics, focusing on American Sign Language and sign languages in general. I love nothing more than communicating without speaking. Honestly.

So in our team meeting today when it was time for someone to do some charades as we played Cranium I jumped up like an ass and offered to do it. No sweat.

But suddenly I had to act out the movie "Dances with Wolves."

No. Please not in front of my boss. My face was red for 10 minutes and I couldn't stop laughing which didn't help anything.

Total humiliation.

2 comments:

NMOS said...

Gouda & garlic? I just got hungry. Sounds great. I've seen some interesting but still delicious ingredients on pizzas, like potato or asparagus, etc. I'll have to try this one. Thanks.

Dan said...

Looks awesome. Do you make your own crust?