I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Oh yeah, it's Halloween

Look at this gorgeous thing!

So, I love, LOVE having people over and although it wasn't fancy food, I got to cook pizza for my kids' friends and some very lovely adults.

These are my kind of people. They said I could put any veggies on there and any cheeses!

So this guy features olive oil, garlic, some red sauce, green peppers, onions, mushrooms and get this list of cheeses:

Mozzarella, provolone, asiago, Romano, Parmesan, cheddar, feta and Gorgonzola.

Yes, I am serious. The beer drinkers who were eating this guy called it an ocho formaggio. Funny.

This was the first year I didn't take my kids trick-or-treating at 5pm. In fact, it looks like I'm not invited to take them at all so I'm home alone, drinking and passing out candy!

Best quote of the night: is it a handful, or what?

This was a 5 year old who wanted to know how much candy to take. Oy these kids!

And I don't know who these kids are either because I have barely seen a one from the neighborhood. They are being bussed in these ones!

Anyway, when my kids get back I'm going to the cul-de-sac down the street to check out this one house that is super-decked out on the inside and they promised me this afternoon I can have a tour after dark.

Wow, that sounded so much more ominous than it's going to be!

Happy Halloweenie people!

No comments: