I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Snoring Cat

I have an old cat who snores next to me in bed. I think he is adorable.

Recently I went to a class where a Rabbi spoke about good people and bad people and why good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people.

One of the things he taught us was that a good person is like a tree rooted in a good place, with a branch that reaches out into a bad place.

G-d would rather knock off that branch to purify the tree so that it is wholly good.

Likewise, a bad person is like a tree rooted in a bad place, and if one of their branches reaches out into a good place g-d lets them be so that in the world to come they really have to pay.

Maybe I misunderstood something in this analogy.

I never get tired of looking at my cat.

No comments: