I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Monday, October 5, 2009

Thai Cafe

On Saturday night I had dinner in Houston at Thai Cafe. It was pretty good for what, as far as I can tell, is the capital of bad food of the world, second only to Branson, Missouri. And, it's a good thing Branson has such bad food because that's the only thing that keeps me from being miserable that I don't live there. But that's another story for another day.

This soup was so yummy. It was called gai tom gha or something.

This is the tiger cry beef. I like it at the Thai Place in Kansas City but it was only ok here. The meat was just regular steak. The sauce was really great but I want to take Matt to Thai Place here so he can have our tiger cry beef and try the lhad na grapow.

This dessert was crazy good. In part because it was half just a fresh mango. And I always say that fruit is g-d's candy and what I really mean when I say that is I'd rather eat fruit than anything else pretty much all the time.

I was describing this sticky rice in front of my 5-year old daughter and she almost passed out. She started screaming, "I want to eat that right now!" Her eyes rolled back in her head, I'm not kidding. All I said was, "this rice was really sticky and prepared with some sugar and coconut milk and a bit of salt and so it had this great flavor."
I miss Matt.

1 comment:

NMOS said...

I've had tiger cry beef before. It's really tasty but really spicy too. The dessert looks great.