I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Easy Bake Oven

Although I am not feeling well, I wanted the kids to have a good dinner tonight. When my girl asked if we could make a cake in her Easy Bake oven I said of course.

It's really easy to use and I realized that this is not a girl's toy and that my nephew definitely needs one of these things... birthday coming up.

So I got out the tiny bit of cake mix and had the kids stir it and the frosting right up.




I wanted to take a picture of the final product for you but it kind of fell apart - I used cooking spray but not enough!

I have a great video for you though and I realized that my kids will make my cooking videos much funnier so next time I make one they will be teaching.



Tonight, just before bed my son said to me, "how am I ever going to be a grown up?" in a very quiet, nervous voice. He explained that he doesn't even know the months in a year.

I put my arms around him and said, "you are 7 years old. It's a long time before you will be a grown up. "

I promised him that I would always take care of him and that he didn't have to be a grown up until he was ready no matter how old he was. I also promised him that he can't imagine how much he'll learn over all the years until he is a grown up.

I really don't know how people do it with more than two to raise.

No comments: