I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Every Single Move I Make and Every Single Word I Say Will Change the World

This here is a pizza I made for Merissa.  I bought fresh Italian sausage and cooked it most of the way then put it on a boboli covered in olive oil, sauce, cheese and sliced banana peppers.  This was hands down the best pizza I have ever made.  I say that a lot don't I?
Wouldn't you know it, I realized that it's been a very long time since you heard what's been on my mind.
I want to tell you every day but it never has a thing to do with food and I figure this blog is supposed to be about food so what right do I have going on and on about divorce or G-d.
But I want to.
And really, the reason I don't is because I can't.  I start to type it and then it's like the letters crawl back up into my fingers.
I don't know what's going on.  I have so much on my mind but something won't let me share it.
Did you ever think about your life in terms of being a part of the world?  I mean, did you ever think about your existence as a flavor in a recipe?
I guess I started thinking about my life like that.  Maybe it doesn't matter what I want or what I think but all that matters is I am here and when I die the world won't taste the same.
And I have only one job while I'm here - to make my flavor such that the world is sweeter.

2 comments:

Ann Pai said...

YES. This. And thank you for the "words crawl back up into my fingers" phrase; that's perfect. Sometimes it's like I have edema in my fingers from the words that really need to come out but I can't let them.

Lisa said...

Amy.... share. I love what you have to say!