I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Grand Street Cafe


Remember Grand Street Cafe on the plaza behind Winstead's?

Well, if you live around there you probably go there sometimes in which case you know how reliably delicious the food is.

For some reason I haven't been there in years and years but I had the good fortune of going there recently with some of my favorite people in the entire world.

And you know what I quickly remembered about Grand Street?  It's a great place to have appetizers for dinner!

The items have changed but the appetizers still take the cake there.  Except, Alka did order the pasta special of the day and it was amazing.

What you see below is the tuna two ways appetizer which they make different all the time.  It was so yummy. 

I've become quite the fan of all sorts of raw food lately.  Hmmmm.  Maybe Vampire Kisses has some kind of truth to it.


I ordered the mushroom and polenta appetizer which was wonderful but way filling.  You can order one appetizer there for your dinner.

I had really forgotten all about this restaurant and now I want to go back so anyone interested, let's go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you didn't finish the book?

michelle said...

Their apple dessert is also to die for. One of my favorite restaurants in KC.