I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Kama Sutra

No, not really.  Korma Sutra is more like it.

Mr. Singh asked if I wanted some chai and I said ok because I really did but now it's 11 and I'm wide awake!

The good news about that is I got on my treadmill and I actually ran and then I did about 100 situps.

If only I could get myself to do that every day without involving caffeine that keeps me awake. 

I want to talk about my parents for a little while.  I am really grateful for my Mom and Dad and I love them so much.  I wish my parents lived in my house so I could spend time with them every day.

My favorite thing ever is taking a vacation with them.  It's very rare but I when it happens I really enjoy spending that kind of time with them.  It's really fun.

I don't know if I can ever express how grateful I am for them.  I wish I could do more to make them proud and I think about how to do that most days.

I think I am very lucky to have parents like mine.  They taught me to work hard.  They taught me how important family is.  They taught me to be generous and to care for my community.  They taught me to be brave.

Also I have a brief food story.  Last night, because of someone talking it up I took my children to Jasper's for dinner.  I was telling this person how I don't bother with Italian restaurants because my family makes the best Italian food I've ever had anywhere.

Well, that is still as true as true can be.  Jasper's isn't bad.  It's ok food but I'm going back to not eating at Italian restaurants.  There is just nothing they serve as good as what I can make in my kitchen and it's not even close.

So friends in town, you want the best red sauce you've ever had?  Let me know and I'll make it for you.  The best fettucine alfredo?  I will make it for you.  The best risotto?  Yes.  The best gnocchi?  Yes.  The best lasagna?  Eggplant parmiagiana?  Chicken parmigiana?  Whatever you want, just let me know and I'll make it for you and you will see why I don't bother with the likes of Jasper's.

I bet Mrs. Wilson would say the same thing.  Right Jenn?

No comments: