I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Cheese

How do you know if you really love cheese? Does it matter?

I love cheese the most.

More than any other food. The best part though is that I also love Japanese food which features zero cheese. So if I have to go without my cheese, I can just focus on eating Asian.

Back to cheese. There are so many different kinds and they are all so wonderful. France seems to make the best cheese as far as I can tell but I'll take Italian cheese, California cheese even Greek cheese - definitely Spanish...

I like cheese that is a bit soft and has a nice strong flavor best.

I want to be a part-time cheese expert. I think I might take up cheese-making as a hobby. But I know for sure that there is this thing about cheese - probably what makes it my favorite food ever.

The flavor of cheese depends on the diet of the animal that makes the milk that the cheese comes from. This means that each region, with its own distinct vegetation will produce a specific cheese that you can't replicate anywhere else. I love this fact. It's like wine I guess. But I don't know because I don't care a thing about wine.

Although, I do love grape juice....

Hmmmm..... I do sometimes think I am destined to live on a farm. Must find farm boy like guy in Green Acres.

2 comments:

Ann Pai said...

Well, I love how much you love cheese. My favorite cheese is Gorgonzola. On a pear slice. After that a soft buttery cheese. After that, a port cheese. OMG, how am I going to sleep now. I will count the cheese making goats & sheep.

Julie M. said...

It sounds like you're going through cheese withdrawal. There's no way I could give up cheese. Heck, I just planned a fondue party for an upcoming Saturday. Cheeeeeese. :)