I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey - Mon (Haman)

Be happy happy happy it's Adar! You have to be. It's not a choice. And shortly it will be Purim when miracles are hidden and everything is topsy-turvey.

What a beautiful holiday of costumes, partying, rejoicing, confusing right and wrong, good and bad and going deep into the secret realm of faith and fate.

Tonight I made hamantaschen because that's what you do for Purim. The cookies represent Haman's three-cornered hat.

Generally hamentaschen are perfectly triangle shaped hard cookies with prune filling. They are generally kind of gross.

I make mine with raspberry and chocolate filling.
And they turn out soft and misshapen but yummy!
I hope my office likes them!

No comments: