I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Pizza

Here is the lovely pizza I made last week. It featured fresh mozzarella, havarti, feta and cheddar. I was kind of not paying attention to what I was doing so instead of baking the dough a little bit first then pulling it out and topping it and cooking it for 5 minutes I did something new.

I poured way too much olive oil on the pan, spread the dough out really well soaking it every which way in oil, put the toppings on and threw it in the oven on the rack between the two stones. Just for the last few minutes I put it on top of the stone.

It turned out almost fried. It was really decadent. I won't do that again - on purpose anyway.
Unless you request it. Then I'll do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You show such yummy looking pizzas, I would love to know how to make them. Maybe you've explained how you do it in past posts, but I missed it. Would you do a post on the art of making homemade pizza?