I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Chicken Noodle Soup


My girl loves chicken noodle soup. She has loved it for a while but in the past month or two she wants to have it every couple of days. For dinner, for breakfast....

So this weekend I decided to quit opening cans and make the real thing.

I had most of what I needed in the fridge - just bought a small thing of fresh chicken drumsticks.

I put them in a pot with some onion chunks and some kosher salt and pepper and browned them for a bit.

Then I added about 6 cups of water and some celery. I also added a little block of low sodium chicken stock. After boiling all of that until the chicken was cooked through and through I added a lot of egg noodles and in 7 minutes the soup was done.
Align Center
She said it was the best chicken noodle soup she's ever had and she even told me that this was what she's been missing since pre-school!

I guess they had a good homemade chicken noodle soup at the her pre-school.


video

No comments: