I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Greek? Pizza

Tonight I made pizza, which is the quickest and easiest dish to make.

Someone asked me to tell more about how I do it so here goes.

1. Buy a packet of pizza dough mix for 50 cents at Wal-mart and some cheese. You have some sauce already I hope.
2. Heat your oven to 550.
3. Mix the packet of pizza dough with 1/2 cup warm water and let it sit in a rough mess.
Wait 5 minutes on the dough then form it into a soft, firm ball and let it sit a minute. (This is the only step you can mess up - you might have added too much water in which case you need to add a little flour. Your dough should be soft and firm - not sticky and not dry and crumbly. This does take a bit of practice.)
4. Roll it out the size of a pizza. It helps if you have a pizza pan or rectangle pan. Use a rolling pin.
5. Put some oil on top and cook it in the oven for 3 minutes.
6. Pull it back out, add sauce and cheese and put it back in for 5 minutes. Done.

Noah's side was just cheese and no sauce but my side had sauce, fresh mozzarella, feta and spinach. By the way, I always add garlic powder and I use olive oil. I also don't use a pizza pan because I have a pizza stone in my oven so I use parchment paper and put it directly on the stone, but you don't have to do that to have good pizza.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting, your pizzas always look SO tasty, I'm excited to try it. And I'm all for quick and easy dinners.