I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Edible sparkles can make even me want to eat cake.

I may be something of a tom boy at times, but really, I am such a girlie girl. No, I don't like to wear make-up, in general, but I would have my own personal manicurist, pedicurist and hair stylist if such things were possible. And I would wear a fancy dress every day if I could.

So if you offer me a pink sparkly champagne cake, I'm sure as hell going to have a piece.

Now, if you whip out a cider beer, I just say you are asking for it.


Add to these things chocolate covered strawberries that you make right in front of me and I will believe you are trying to seduce me, and if you are not then beware because I don't know what else one does when offered all of these things.

But alas, there were no men around on this fun girls evening with 5 kids running about. Oh well.

Tonight after dinner and dessert my daughter and I ate strawberries and pineapple and she insisted I take a picture for my "catalog."


Also, for one moment of sheer ecstasy I believed my son when he told me that he wants to be a writer when he grows up. Happy Mommy.


No comments: