I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New York

Recently I had an amazing vacation to New York City, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Albany. I love visiting family and I'm so lucky because I have my Grandpa Bob, Grandma Millie and Grandma Ginny. They are now all just 'The Greats" because they are great-grandparents to my big kids.

It was great fun to take my little guys to NYC and they loved it. They also loved getting to visit their Grandma in Watertown. Visiting all the other family they didn't know well was exciting and mind-blowing to them. I'm so glad I took this trip!

Old Sturbridge Village in Sturbridge, Mass was wonderful. If I ever had a doubt, walking around OSV confirmed for me that I belong in a tiny town in the middle of the countryside where the world moves as slow as a two-toed sloth.

My idea of heaven is a house near a pond or a lake where my kids play around me and I sit in my rocking chair on my porch holding hands with my husband.

It's funny. I live in the suburbs of a fairly big city but I do have a little porch where I sit on my rocking chair and watch my kids play. I have two chairs on my little porch because I am an optimist!


No comments: