I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Friday, May 21, 2010

In case I forget to take pictures

I had this grand idea that not only would I make a big homemade dinner for 10 tonight but that I would make some of it on video last night because it's been so long since I've done that.

I prepared the brisket days in advance, marinating it so it would fall apart when cooked. Last night I started the challah early so I could bake it before I went to bed.

And for the other dishes I'm making I have everything ready.

But.....

I managed to make the dough and I braided my challah and I meant to bake it at 8:30 but then I fell asleep instead. OOOOPS!

Also, when I went home to check on my brisket it didn't seem like it was going to be falling apart any time soon.

We'll see.

I left soup simmering on the stove and brisket simmering in the crock pot.

Now my goal is to not set my oven on fire.

I hope something turns out delicious!!! It will! I'm making Ina Garten's vegetable tian. You have to really, really try hard to screw that up.

1 comment:

Julie M. said...

I hope it's good. It sure sounds tasty!