I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Los Alamos

I knew we had authentic Mexican food in Kansas City and I have been to some great mexican places downtown and in midtown but I had never actually eaten Mexican food until yesterday.

This is a Mom and Pop shop at 1667 Summit St. in down town K.C. What you see below is heuvos rancheros, rice and beans. Notice there is no cheese on the plate!

This was seriously delicious food. I still love American Mexican food - which is otherwise known as Tex Mex but I want more of the real thing and I'm so glad I found this place. Thanks Matt and Jenn!

1 comment:

Julie M. said...

Looks good girl! Glad you're back to posting. I hope you're doing well.