I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blanc

Blanc is one of my favorite burger places. You won't be surprised to hear I don't care much about burger places, but I go here about once every two months.

This time I tried their $100 burger. It is stuffed with short ribs and topped with fois gras butter. You know, I didn't think it was that great.

I'll stick with the Kobe. It's still my favorite. I love their truffle fries and I usually have to get a Mexican coke.

The funny thing about this visit was that I had a twenty dollar gift card to spend and they screwed up our order and ended up giving us our meal for free.

It is hard to write this post because I was so happy and really enjoyed my lunch with my parents and I want to go back to that time.

That is happiness that comes from knowing you are going to see someone you love very soon who you miss all the time. It is confidence that you get from knowing you have someone you can count on who loves you like crazy.

As terrible as I feel, I know my natural state is happy. I know that I will be ok some time. I know that no matter how bad I feel, I will feel better one day.

1 comment:

m.v. said...

I went to Blanc three times and didn't think it was as great as everyone says it is. I didn't even buy a groupon last week for half-priced meal.