I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mushroom Appetizers

I used to be quite into making appetizers and I suppose I still would be but I just don't have much of a reason to these days.  Still, this recipe from http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/12/phyllo-mushroom-bundles/ caught my eye and I went for it.

I never worked with phyllo dough before and I heard over and over it was easy so I did make one fatal error.  I had it in the freezer and you can't work with frozen phyllo dough.  It just breaks.

But, once you let it defrost it is easy to work with.

The mushroom mixture I used was not much like the Pioneer Woman's suggestion.

I used some sliced mushrooms sauteed in butter and minced garlic from a jar.  I also chopped up a ton of green onions to throw in there.  I used some kosher salt and 1/2 cup of wine and let it all cook down.


It was pretty easy to assemble with the parmesan cheese and cooked up nicely.

I even got a 6 and 8 year old to eat them.  



No comments: