I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Shut it Down

I have a habit, when I get really down, of not blogging and I even turn off my facebook account. I don't think I have ever turned off facebook for more than a week but I can get really down on myself and not blog for months at a time.

Usually I throw some chapter from the Tao up there to keep things going but that's all I can muster when I get lost.

I'm not sure how I did it, but I think when I slammed my hand down on the counter during the fight that ensued after my boyfriend broke up with me tonight, that I may have broken my thumb.

So, I really feel the need to blog right now before I can't even type!

Actually, I'm already learning to use my left thumb to hit the space bar.

Anyway, I have had this boyfriend for a really long damn time and I know we are not going to see each other again or talk to each other and it all seems so absurd that I just have to write about it.

There's nothing much to say though. I absolutely wish him well. He was a patient, loyal, faithful, gentle, careful, devoted, giving, open-minded, wonderful boyfriend. I will miss him, but at least I was already used to missing him so that won't be anything new.

Lately I have been wanting to get back into cooking like I used to be. But I know one thing about a break-up and that is this: I won't be having an appetite for a while.

So bear with me if the topic is not food for a little while, but what I am going to do with myself now that I don't spend all of my free time either with Matt, texting Matt, talking on the phone to Matt or figuring out how to see him next.

So, on to the next chapter in my life! May it be full of good and interesting food!

No comments: