I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Made-up Quiche

Tonight I took a pie crust out of the freezer along with some spinach, shallots and seasoned potatoes.  I sauteed the spinach and shallots for a bit in a splash of oil with some garlic and salt.

I mixed up four eggs and poured them in the shell.  I put in the potato, spinach and shallot mixture and topped it with cheddar cheese.  I baked it for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees.




It was delicious (maybe lose the potatoes next time) and I ate it with salsa.

My daughter said to write that she loved it.  She is so cute.  I don't know why she said to write that she loved it because I will tell you that she actually hated it and there were many tears over the one bite I made her eat.

I laughed when she said to write that she loved it and asked her why she wanted me to write that.  She just smiled and tilted her head and said: just write it!

No comments: