I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Mozzarella Success

I did it!  Making mozzarella is truly super, super easy.  I used iwig milk local to Topeka.  Their milk is sold all over Topeka and you can get it in Lawrence and Kansas City too.  http://www.iloveiwig.com/ 
When I put my rennet in this time it immediately gelled into one big solid curd as it was supposed to do.

I didn't use lipase this time just because I wanted to see if that was part of the issue but I don't think it was.  I will try again in a few days with lipase but I'm sure it will work.

I'm so excited to know how to make this staple food!!

1 comment:

Dan said...

Congrats! I intend to try this in the next week or so!