I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Why I lost my Appetite: A New Earth

Want to know what it's like to feel crazy?  Read this book:  A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose by Eckhart Tolle.

How can I function in the world without my ego?  My ego tells me what to do.  I can NOT sit around noticing that I am alive and dwell in my beingness.

I can't do it!  Why did someone tell me to read this book?

I admit I am getting some good things out of the book but that is maybe two sentences per thirty pages.  Thirty pages of making me feel totally crazy!

This is a national bestseller and on Oprah's Book Club list which means that millions and millions of women have this crap in their heads!

The premise of this book is that we are all crazy.  I'm not kidding.  It really is.  And that is why I have not been blogging about food.

Thank you Eckhart Tolle for the loss of appetite.

No comments: