I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Portabella Mushrooms, Spinach and Brie

Last night I made the kids pizza.  But I decided to eat up some portabella mushrooms and spinach I had in my fridge.  

I chopped up the mushrooms and put them in the skillet with a little bit of olive oil, some garlic powder and onion powder and the spinach.  

After a while I added some butter.  At the very end I put in some brie and smooshed it all together.
I'm not so sure about this even as a side dish.  It was really good but it just looks too gross.

Last weekend I took the kids to the Ethnic Enrichment Festival at Swope park.  I have been there many, many times and it seems like it is always sweltering hot but I just love getting to sample food from all over the world in one place.

My daughter is a fairly adventurous eater and my son is on the picky side but there is no doubt that I am subliminally raising foodies.  

I think I'll have to take them to Joy Wok this week....

No comments: