I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Healthy Dinner

My kids have never eaten hamburgers, they don't ask for chicken.  But serve them up tofu pretty much any way and they just gobble it down.  Why?

I don't know but I'm not going to worry about it.  So last night I made fried rice, Asian-simmered tofu and a nice avocado and tomato salad.

It was a yummy dinner indeed.  My daughter, who is learning about nutrition in 1st grade said to me, "what food group is tofu?"



I didn't know what to say so I answered, "well, tofu is beans."


She replied, "Protein.  It's in the protein group.  That's a good one!"


Sounds good to me - yay school!

No comments: