I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Yia Yia's

They have a little dessert that is a trio of creme brulee which my girl thought looked good and it turns out she was quite right. 

The three different custards are white chocolate, vanilla and coffee flavored.  She loves dessert and I love to see that smile.
Recently my girl decided to do one of her art projects that I found so cute I had to share it here.  Creating art is part of her daily life and I tell her regularly what a fantastic artist she really is although she doesn't seem to believe me.

This latest envelope creation was for her friend, a boy who she sometimes makes notes and gifts for.

Inside she placed a ring she made and a laminated notecard which says, "I lov-e you."







My girl is such a lover.  She wants to give and express her love.  I just look at this little boy and think how much she is spoiling him.  How will anyone measure up to the adoring gifts she lavishes on him as he gets older?  Well, he is only 7.  Maybe these things don't mean as much to him as they do to me.

I am so impressed by her creativity and loving intentions.  

I remarked to the boy's Mom that I am going to take a lesson from my daughter the next time I'm in love and give the object of my affection homemade cards with hearts all over them.  

She laughed and said she didn't think a grown man would appreciate that kind of item.  I'll let you know when I find out.

No comments: