I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Mango

One of the most succulent, sweet lovely fruits that exists is the mango.  Except when you are eating it with your 6 year old.

Girl: Do I like mango?  Have I tried it before?

Mom: Yes, you like mango.  I think you have tried it before.  You have had mango sorbet and mango juice and mango lassis at the very least.

She tries it.

Girl: Oh, you know, this feels like, like Jackie's tongue.

Mom: Hmm.  It feels like our cat's tongue.  Yes, I guess it does.

Girl: Yeah, it's just like we are eating Jackie's tongue, Mom.

How to turn eating a mango into a disgusting experience.  Check.

No comments: