I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Restaurant at Olathe North High School

Guys, listen.  I don't know how old you are, or where you live, but they have just opened a gourmet restaurant inside one of the HIGH SCHOOLS in Olathe, KS.  And I got to eat there.  And it was pretty darn fun.
When I went to HS we had home economics which I remember getting a C in.  Actually that must have been Jr. High.   But it was 20 years ago when I went to HS so I guess these things change. 

For example I don't recall having computers when I went to HS.

But still, how cool is it that you can go on the gourmet food service track at Olathe North?

Below is some kind of cedar plank salmon I think.  It was really good. 

The bread was really good and the butter was flavored with something - this was a month ago so I don't remember what.





The funny thing there was the service.  You have to pick what you want from each course but the young waitress didn't want to know about what we wanted at the beginning - she wanted to come back after each course to ask.  The service was very slow and nervous!
The funniest part was my companions.  Two couples in their thirties who can drink you under the table.  They didn't have the sense to get wasted before dinner and were a bit bored/grouchy throughout the meal.  
They didn't think any of my jokes were funny but I was cracking myself up big time!
This soup was good but the wrong temperature by the time I got it. Still, it was good.
The tenderloin was great!

As usual I don't even know what dessert was.  Wasted on me as always.

I'd definitely go back there and definitely recommend it - but they only take cash or check so be prepared. I think they are only open once a month and by reservation only and all that.

Still, you should go.  Although they are literally booked solid until March - so you might want to get on the stick.

1 comment:

m.v. said...

My daughter is going to the aerospace and engineering program in Olathe NW next year. All Olathe High Schools have 21st century programs. I went to the open house and couldn't believe this is done at a public school for no extra charge. People are moving to Olathe just to be able to send their kids to these programs.