I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Row House

This place is just one of my all time favorite restaurants.  Yes, it's in Topeka but maybe that's part of what makes it so special.

I just have a thing for a place that doesn't have a big menu - in fact - they don't give you options.  This is what you are getting for dinner for $36.
You probably can't read that menu and I don't exactly remember all the details of what we had.  Some kind of great salad,  an incredibly good soup.  A vegetarian option.  The pictures below show the amuse-bouche which was a hummus-like bruschetta and the fish and beef entrees.

The cool thing about the Row House is that you don't have to take everything on the menu and they will alter stuff for you if necessary.  They are a real gourmet restaurant.  They care about giving you a perfect dining experience.

 

I feel really lucky that there are places like the Row House and Justus Drugstore and a few others where there is a chef who really cares about giving people an amazing experience.  I guess people who live in Chicago and New York, San Francisco etc. take that kind of thing for granted but living in the middle of the States I realize how amazing it is to be able to go to places like this.



No comments: