I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Rum Cake (Rum/Kalhua/Bailey's cake)

I burned my rum cake tonight, and my hand.  But I did not set the oven on fire!

Also, I think this rum cake is going to be the best one I've ever made.

And on top of all of that I made a video for you!  It seems like I always make Thanksgiving videos. 

I will report after Thursday regarding how this sucker was received. 

Two great quotes from my kids tonight - Noah watching me make this and asking if he could have it even though it has alcohol in it to which he said, "awww" as in, "why are you ruining it?"

And my daughter, who has to have some blood tests tomorrow:  "why do they have to take my blood out?"

Me: because they have to test it.

She: Will they put it back after?

At every age I think that my kids are so sweet and I don't want them to change but they just keep getting more and more adorable and fun!

No comments: