I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Shakshuka

Gooooood morning!
Here is one recipe for Shakshuka:

1/4 cup olive oil
5 Anaheim chiles or 3 jalapeños, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped (I was nervous and only used 2 Anaheims; I would go for 3 or 4 next time for a more moderate but still gentle kick)
1 small yellow onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, crushed then sliced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon paprika
1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes, undrained
Kosher salt, to taste
6 eggs
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley

It's from Smitten Kitchen: http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/04/shakshuka/


Please recall that I don't follow recipes - and I didn't make this anyway.  It was so good.

1 comment:

Jay said...

For a more traditional flavor, try including some tumeric and finishing with some zatar rather than parsely. Loose the cheese, and serve with Pita.

-I'm pretty sure that is my placemat